Rumor has it that this burger was created after some managers at Carls Jr saw people putting jalapeno peppers from the salad bar on their burgers. Here is a quick and easy way to make these burgers at home on your George Forman Grill. The jalapeno burgers consist of:
- All beef patty
- jalapeno peppers
- pepper jack cheese
- sliced onion
- Santa Fe sauce
- sesame seed bun
- Mix a pinch of taco seasoning and a couple of teaspoons of salsa into 1/4 lb of ground beef.
- Form into a patty and cook on George Foreman Grill until done.
- Add pepper jack cheese. Use wooden spoon in the back on the grill so cheese won't stick.
- Make Santa Fe sauce by adding a small about of salsa to mayonnaise.
- Build your burger. Refer to the picture above.
(I'm not crazy about raw onions so I also grill them)