ORIGINAL SIX DOLLAR BURGER
Carl's Jr. Copycat Recipe
1/3 pound ground beef
1 large sesame seed bun
1-2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 slices American cheese
4 bread and butter pickle slices
leaf of iceberg lettuce
2 large tomato slices
4 red onion rings
Preheat a barbecue or indoor grill to medium heat. Form the ground beef into a patty about the size of the bun. Lightly season both sides of beef patty with salt and pepper to taste. Cook beef patty for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip burger and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until done. About 1 minute before burger is done add 2 slices of cheese to the patty on the grill. Toast the cut surface of the bun in a hot skillet.
Assemble your Six Dollar Burger:
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise on each bun half.
- Spread mustard on top bun.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of ketchup to top bun.
- Place bread-and-butter pickles slices on the bottom bun.
- Place lettuce leaf on the pickles.
- Add tomato slices on the lettuce leaf.
- Top it off with the top bun.
Six Dollar Burger Variations:
- Super Bacon Burger - add 6 strips of crispy bacon.
- Western Bacon Burger - add 3 strips of bacon, 2 slices American cheese, onion rings and BBQ sauce.
- Guacamole Bacon Burger - add 2 strips of bacon, chipotle mayo, and pepper jack cheese
- Jim Beam Bourbon Burger - add 2 strips of bacon, onion rings, bourbon BBQ sauce and pepper jack cheese.